The app “Tape-a-Talk (Pro) Voice Recorder” is offered by:
Software development and distribution Markus Drösser
In the following, “Softwareentwicklung und -vertrieb Markus Drösser” is referred to as “we” or “us”; we address our app users or customers as “you”.
Data collection on the part of the provider
What data we collect from you
For the basic functionalities:
Share recordings (send via “Share” function or WiFi transfer)
no personal data is collected.
For the “cloud backup” functionality via Dropbox, Box, Google or other cloud services offered within the Tape-a-Talk Pro Voice Recorder app, the following applies:
The app does not send any personal data to us or third parties unless you explicitly do so by sending or uploading recordings.
To delete all personal data (recordings, tokens) on your device, uninstall / delete the app from your device.
Requested permissions of the app and how they are used:
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE.
- Allows the app to write to and read from the internal or external storage device. Used to store and playback recordings.
- Allows to record audio using the device microphone.
- WRITE_SETTINGS, MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS
- Needed to set a recording as a ringtone.
- Free version: Used to retrieve and display advertisements (Admob, see below) over the Internet.
- Paid version: used to upload recordings to your cloud storage service, if you use this functionality.
Using the “Send Feedback” button, you can send us an email, which by default contains certain data about your device model (including manufacturer, model, software version) and app version. Sending the mail must be actively done by you via a third-party app (e.g. Gmail app), where you can independently verify the information sent. This data is used for support and troubleshooting and is not further processed. They can be removed from the email without further ado.
Advertising in free version / Admob
Admob uses the so-called “Google Advertising ID” for advertising targeting in order to be able to display suitable advertising for you. As a user, you can opt out here: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated